Saturday, July 28, 2007

Blackeston Peak

While in Canada, we always go on hikes. I have hiked many a peak but never Blackeston, as it is the highest point in Waterton Park. I have only heard stories of the peak and legends of awesome cousins who have conquered it. So why shouldn't I ,at the ripe age of 24, hike this huge peak? Exactly, I should. The hike began with the whole family treking to Lower Rowe Lake.

The Whole Group!!

Emma Picking Huckelberries...

Lower Rowe Lake


From Lower Rowe Lake (only 3 miles ) Brent and I, Karly, My dad and Cal Stewart (our fearless leader and cousin) headed to Blackeston Peak. Little did we know how hard it would be. Once we got up to the ridge of Rowe Lake we continued along the ridge for many up's and downs. Literally tons of peaks to go along and for me it was a total mind game to keep going and not be to negative. Many peaks and a grizzly bear sighting later, we reached the peak!

we walked to the left along the ridge past those peaks in the background

That Grizzly bear is only 75ft. away!


Blackeston Peak

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

wow katie! i am very impressed with your hiking skills and even more impressed that you have a live action shot of a grizzly bear.

Smith Family said...

that sounds amazing. wish we were there...

Kerry said...

You rock Katie!